An Innovative Woman’s Health & Wellness Course for Mid-life Transition
Offered by Women’s Health Specialists, University of Minnesota
Riverside Professional Building #300
606 24th Avenue South
Thursday evenings from 5:30 to 8:00pm
Sept 11th thru Oct 16th (6 weeks)
Tuesday evenings from 5:30 to 8:00pm
Sept 30th thru Nov 11th (6 weeks – no course on Oct 28th)
Any woman who wants to gain a better understanding and management of midlife transitions, plan for a healthy future and maintain vibrancy and joy can benefit from the course:
- Learn integrative self care practices and lifestyle skills for managing common health challenges in midlife in a supportive small group setting
- Explore conventional and alternative health care therapies
- Gain a renewed understanding of anatomical and physiologic changes
- Create a sustainable healthy and resilient lifestyle
- Topics: menopause treatment, bone health, nutrition, body change, insomnia, sexuality, stress reduction, redefining self and relationship role.
Courses will have weekly interactive discussions and may include guest presenters from Women’s Health Specialists Clinic:
- Carrie Terrell MD, ObGyn: Your Body, Your Questions
- Carolyn Torkelson MD: Integrative Approaches to Menopause.
- Diana Drake DNP WHNP: Cultivating a Restorative Practice
- Cathy Bogolub MD, Integrative Nutritionist: Food as Medicine
- Kennedy Sharp, MA, LAC: Acupuncture & Energy
- Traditional Chinese medicine: Acupuncture & Energy
- Maria Sigurdson, MA: Reiki Therapist: Tools for Self Care
- Karin Larsen PhD, Psychology: Exploring & Redefining Self
*Series facilitated by Becky Gorman, Health Coach, PA
For more information contact Becky at 612-998-8213 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The six -week course is designed to help inform and guide participants in understanding the physical and psychological changes throughout the menopause transition and beyond.
The program is a resilience model developed through the work of a health coach facilitator, nurse practitioner, physician, psychologist, acupuncturist, nutritionist and Reiki therapist to improve self care and optimal health.
Course fee: $275.00
Women’s Health Specialist’s Clinic
Attention: Diana Drake
Riverside Professional Building, Suite 300
606 24th Avenue South
Parking provided in adjacent Red Ramp.